Driving While on Vacation in Italy
When you take a vacation in Italy, one of the best ways to see all of the things that Italy has to offer is by driving. Many people have commented on how tricky driving in Italy while on vacation can be. However, it can be done by anyone who can understand simple directions. In this article, you will learn how to drive while on vacation in Italy.
1) One of the first things that you will need to acquire in order to drive while on vacation in Italy is an International Permit to Drive in Italy. You can get this particular permit by providing your Driver’s License, a small fee, and taking two pictures of yourself to an AAA location. You must let them know what you are applying for and that you will be driving in Italy on vacation. This will ensure that you receive the proper permit without any hassles.
2) The next step to driving in Italy while on vacation is to make sure that you rent a vehicle. If you are taking a vacation in Italy, it is extremely important that you reserve a rental car. This is especially true if you will be vacationing in Italy during travel times that are considered “peak” throughout the year.
3) It is important that you understand that many of the roadways in Italy have very specific signs and routing systems. A lot of these routing systems require you to pay fees, or tolls, in order to continue driving on them. You should take a tour of the roadways in Italy to become familiar with them and have locals assist you along the way.
4) If you have an issue with your automobile while you are driving while on vacation in Italy, you should now the proper exit method from the Italian roads. It is important that you get the access number for assistance from your rental car company if it becomes necessary to contact them.
5) If it becomes required for you to purchase gas while driving on vacation in Italy, it is very important that you understand that it is nearly impossible to purchase gas on Sunday. If you are short on gas on other days of the week, there are many areas where you can purchase gas around the clock.
6) While it is very important to travel with credit cards to ensure the safety of your cash, while you are vacationing in Italy, you should make sure that you have a little cash available in case it is required. There are many places in Italy that do not accept credit cards, but only accept cash. It is vital that you should have cash for these types of situations.
If you will be driving while on vacation in Italy, it is extremely important to make sure that you understand the rules of the road before driving on them. It is then you will be safe and enjoy driving while on vacation in Italy.